The company was founded as Monroe Piping Inc. by Harold M. Shearer in 1967.
- 1974 - Harold Nairy became the company president.
- 1983 - Monroe Piping Inc. acquired the Rochester Division of Schneider Sheet Metal.
The company name was changed to Monroe Piping & Sheet Metal to reflect the expansion.
- 1991 - Fire Protection Division is established.
- 1995 - Reno Lippa became the company president.
- 2002 - Curt Peterson became the company president.
- 2005 - Building Automation Division is established.
- 2016 - Phil Somers became the company president.
The current leadership team is comprised of partners :
Phil Somers - President / CFO,   Troy Peterson - Vice President.
Our principle objective is to provide our customers with quality materials and workmanship commensurate with contractual and regulatory requirements. To accomplish this, both management and employees are committed to continuous improvement in the quality of products and services we provide.
The personal safety and health of all employees of Monroe Piping & Sheet Metal, LLC is of primary importance. The control of occupational injuries and illnesses is so important that it is given precedence over operating productivity whenever necessary. To the greatest degree possible, management will provide all mechanical and physical facilities required for personal safety and health in keeping with the highest standards.